Chicken Keema, a delectable minced chicken dish, is a comforting and flavorful addition to any dining table. This versatile recipe is perfect for busy weeknights, family gatherings, or when you simply crave a hearty homemade meal. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of making Chicken Keema, complete with the number of servings, time required, nutritional values, and some extra tips to elevate your culinary experience. Before we dive in, remember that cooking is an art, so don’t hesitate to add your personal touch to this classic recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Nutritional Values (per serving):
Calories: 250 kcal
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Protein: 18 g
Fat: 17 g
Fiber: 2 g
Iron: 1.5 mg
- 500g ground chicken
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Extra Notes:
You can customize your Chicken Keema by adding peas, diced bell peppers, or even boiled and diced potatoes. Get creative with your favorite vegetables.
Spice Level: Adjust the spiciness by modifying the amount of green chilies and red chili powder.
Serving Suggestions: Enjoy Chicken Keema with hot chapatis, naan, or steamed rice. A side of yogurt raita and a squeeze of lemon can enhance the flavors.
Start by cleaning and chopping the onions, tomatoes, green chilies, and fresh herbs (coriander and mint leaves).
If you can’t find ground chicken at your local store, you can easily prepare it at home using boneless chicken. Simply chop the chicken into small pieces and pulse it in a food processor until finely minced.
- Heat oil or ghee in a large pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add chopped onions and sauté until they turn golden brown and caramelized.
- Stir in the ginger-garlic paste and cook for a couple of minutes until the raw aroma disappears.
- Add the chopped green chilies and continue sautéing for another minute.
- Toss in the chopped tomatoes and cook until they soften and the oil starts to separate.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute to blend the spices.
- Now, add the minced chicken to the pan. Break up any lumps and stir-fry for about 10-15 minutes until the chicken turns white and is cooked through.
- Mix in the fresh coriander and mint leaves. Reserve some for garnishing.
- Allow the Chicken Keema to simmer for another 5-7 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Transfer the Chicken Keema to a serving dish.
- Garnish with the reserved fresh herbs.
- Serve hot with your choice of bread or rice.
- Disclaimer: This recipe is provided for informational purposes only. The nutritional values are approximate and may vary based on specific ingredients and portion sizes. Please consult with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian for dietary advice tailored to your individual needs.
Chicken Keema, with its savory blend of minced chicken, aromatic spices, and fresh herbs, is a heartwarming dish that can turn an ordinary meal into a memorable one. The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity and adaptability, making it an excellent canvas for your culinary creativity. Whether you enjoy it with a side of warm chapatis or a bed of steamed rice, Chicken Keema is sure to satisfy your taste buds and provide a sense of comfort and warmth with every bite. So, roll up your sleeves and embark on a culinary journey to savor the magic of homemade Chicken Keema!