Chicken korma recipe
Chicken Korma recipe a pricey and delicious Indian dish that’s a feast of flavour, with tender minced meat smothered in a creamy and tangy sauce. In this newsletter, we’ll walk you through the process of making chicken curry, including portion sizes, time required, nutritional values and some other tips to ensure a satisfying cooking experience.
Number of Servings:
This chicken korma recipe serves 4 and is perfect for a family meal or small gathering. Change the sections to your liking.
Also check Mutton biryani recipe
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 500g boneless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (curd)
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked in warm water
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, slit
- 1/4 cup ghee or cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 green cardamom pods (Elaichi)
- 4-5 cloves (lavang)
- 2-3 bay leaves (Dalchini patta)
- 1 cinnamon stick (Dalchini)
- 1 star anise(phool)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
Grinding the Cashews:
- In a blender, make a smooth paste by grinding the soaked cashew nuts with a little water. Set aside.
- Heat oil or ghee in a big, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add the entire spices (cardamom, cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon, and megastar anise) and sauté for a minute till fragrant.
- Also, add the chopped onions and cook until they flip golden brown and caramelized.
- And add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for another 2 minutes until the uncooked aroma disappears.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and cook until they soften and mix into the aggregate.
- Also Add the spices (cumin powder, coriander powder, crimson chili powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala). Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and sauté till they turn white and the spices coat the chook lightly.
- Lower the heat, and add the yogurt and cashew paste. Stir constantly to keep away from curdling and cook dinner for 5-7 mins until the chicken is sort of cooked through.
- Pour in a cup of water, add salt, and permit it to simmer for every other 10-15 minutes, or until the hen is soft and the sauce thickens
- Finally Add the chopped mint and coriander leaves along with the green chilies. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Chicken Korma recipe, with its creamy, aromatic sauce and tender chicken, is a dish that deserves a place in your culinary repertoire. It’s a delightful way to indulge in the richness of Indian cuisine. Remember to adjust the spice levels to suit your taste.
The nutritional values provided here are approximate and can vary based on specific ingredients and portion sizes. If you have dietary restrictions or allergies, be sure to check ingredient labels and consult with a healthcare professional for personalized dietary advice.