Gobi Manchurian Recipe
Gobi Manchurian is a popular Indo-Chinese dish that combines the goodness of cauliflower with a delectable blend of spices and sauces. It’s a perfect fusion of flavors and textures that can be enjoyed as an appetizer or a main course. This article will guide you through the step-by-step process of making a Gobi Manchurian at home, providing both its nutritional values and the number of servings.
For the Cauliflower
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Water for batter
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1-2 green chilies (finely chopped (adjust to taste))
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions (for garnish)
Prepare the Cauliflower:
- In a mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, cornstarch, ginger-garlic paste, and salt.
- Gradually add water to form a smooth batter. It should be thick enough to coat the cauliflower florets.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter, ensuring they are well coated.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep-fry the cauliflower florets until they turn golden brown. Set them aside on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Prepare the Sauce:
- In the same pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add finely chopped garlic, ginger, and green chilies. Sauté until aromatic.
- Add finely chopped onions and bell peppers. Sauté until they turn slightly tender.
Sauce Preparation (Contd.):
- Add soy sauce, tomato ketchup, chili sauce, vinegar, sugar (if using), salt, black pepper powder, and red chili flakes. Mix well.
- Toss in the fried cauliflower florets and stir-fry for a couple of minutes, allowing them to absorb the flavors of the sauce.
Garnish and Serve:
- Once the cauliflower is coated with the sauce, turn off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve the Gobi Manchurian hot as an appetizer or as a main dish, accompanied by steamed rice or noodles.
This homemade Gobi Manchurian not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers a dose of essential nutrients. Remember, moderation is key to enjoying this dish while maintaining a balanced diet.
Prepare this Gobi Manchurian recipe in the comfort of your kitchen, relishing its taste and reaping its nutritional benefits.