Navratan Korma Recipe
A jewel inside the crown of Indian delicacies, is a rich and creamy dish that delights the senses. Its name, “Navratan,” means “9 gemstones,” signifying the 9 unique vegetables, fruits, and nuts that come together in this delectable curry. In this text, we will guide you via the method of creating Navratan Korma, together with the range of servings, time required, nutritional values, and a few extra suggestions to enhance your culinary journey.
Number of Servings:
This recipe serves 4 people generously, making it an ideal choice for a family dinner or a gathering of friends. Adjust the quantities according to your needs.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (carrots, beans, peas, etc.), blanched
- 1/2 cup paneer (Indian cottage cheese), cubed
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts, soaked and ground to a paste
- 1/4 cup cream or yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter) or cooking oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- A handful of raisins for garnish (optional)
Also Visit Chicken Korma recipe
Nine Gems (Navratan):
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup boiled and cubed potatoes
- 1/4 cup boiled and chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup boiled green peas
- 1/4 cup boiled French beans, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup blanched cauliflower pieces
- 1/4 cup blanched broccoli pieces
- Blanch the mixed vegetables by briefly boiling them in salted water, then immediately placing them in ice water to preserve their color and crunch.
- Soak cashew nuts in warm water for 15 minutes and grind them into a smooth paste.
- Cube the paneer and set it aside.
- Prepare the Navratan (nine gems) by boiling and dicing the carrots, potatoes, peas, and blanching the cauliflower, broccoli, and beans. Dice the bell peppers.
- Heat ghee or oil in a huge pan or skillet over medium warmth. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Also, add chopped onions and sauté until they flip golden brown.
- Stir in the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for any other 2 minutes until the uncooked aroma disappears.
- And add the chopped tomatoes and cook till they become smooth and the oil starts to separate.
- Blend inside the turmeric powder, pink chili powder, garam masala, and salt. Prepare dinner for a minute.
- Upload the cashew nut paste and prepare dinner for a few extra minutes till it combines with the spices.
- Stir inside the cream or yogurt and cook dinner for an additional 2-three minutes.
3. Navratan Korma:
- Add the blanched mixed vegetables and the Navratan (nine gems) to the pan. Gently fold them into the rich, creamy sauce.
- Add the cubed paneer and mix gently. Allow it to simmer for 5-7 minutes until all the flavors meld together.
4. Garnish and Serve:
- Garnish the Navratan Korma with fresh coriander leaves and optional raisins for a touch of sweetness.
- Serve hot with naan, roti, or steamed rice for a delightful meal.
- You can customize the Navratan Korma by adding other ingredients like boiled corn, mushrooms, or water chestnuts.
- Adjust the spices to your preference for a milder or spicier flavor.
- For a richer dish, you can increase the quantity of cream or yogurt.
- Navratan Korma is a versatile dish and can be made vegan by using plant-based cream and skipping the paneer.
Disclaimer: The nutritional values provided are approximate and can vary based on factors such as ingredient brands and portion sizes. It’s advisable to consult with a nutritionist or use a nutritional calculator for precise dietary information.
Navratan Korma, with its blend of vibrant vegetables and creamy sauce, is a culinary masterpiece that brings both taste and visual delight to your table. Enjoy this regal dish as a centerpiece for your next special meal, and savor the rich tapestry of flavors it offers.