Paneer Tikka masala Recipe
Indulge in the flavours of India with our mouth-watering Paneer Tikka Masala recipe. Learn how to marinate succulent paneer cubes in a tantalizing blend of spices, grill to perfection, and enjoy a vegetarian delight that’s perfect for parties or a cozy night in. Discover the art of creating the sizzling dish that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds
For the Paneer Tikka:
- 250gms paneer (Indian cottage cheese), cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- skewers for grilling
For the Masala Gravy:
- 2 tablespoon oil or ghee
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- salt to taste
1. Prepare the Paneer Tikka:
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, and oil to make a marinade.
- Add paneer cubes to the marinade and coat them well. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes, or longer if possible.
- Thread the marinated paneer cubes onto skewers.
- Grill the paneer skewers is an oven or on a stovetop grill until they are lightly charred. You can also use a non-stick pan.
2. Prepare the Masala Gravy:
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add chopped onions and saute until they turn golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add tomato puree and cook until the oil starts to separate from the mixture.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, and salt mix well and cook for a few minutes
- crush kasuri methi between your palms and add it to the gravy for flavour.
- Pour in the heavy cream and mix well. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
3. Combine Paneer and Gravy:
- Gently add the grilled paneer tikka pieces to the masala gravy, Sir gently to coat the paneer with the gravy.
- Let it simmer for a few more minutes so that the paneer absorbs the flavours of the gravy.
- Tranfer the Paneer Tikka Masala to a serving dish. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with naan, roti, or rice.
Enjoy your homemade Paneer Tikka Masala Feel to adjust the spices and cream according to your taste preferences.