Sarson Ka Saag Recipe
Sarson ka saag recipe, a traditional Punjabi dish, is a party of flavors and vitamins. Made from mustard veggies, it is an iciness favorite that is hearty and healthy. In this newsletter, we are going to manual you through the way of making sarson ka saag recipe, supplying information on servings, time required, nutritional values, and a few more recommendations to make your meal even more pleasant.
Number of Servings:
This recipe serves 4 people generously, making it an excellent choice for a family dinner or gathering. Adjust the quantities if you need to serve more or fewer people.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- 500g fresh mustard greens (sarson), washed and finely chopped
- 250g fresh spinach leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped (adjust to taste)
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup cornmeal (makki ka atta)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter) or cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- Salt to taste
Also Read this Article Palak Paneer Recipe
- Heat ghee or cooking oil in a big, heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat.Also add cumin seeds and allow them to splutter.
- And add minced garlic, grated ginger, and green chilies. Sauté for a few minutes until they release their aroma.
- Add chopped onions and cook till they turn translucent.
- Toss within the chopped tomatoes and cook until they melt and the oil starts to separate.
- Also add the chopped mustard greens and spinach to the mixture. Stir well.
- Cover the pan and let the greens cook for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they become soft and wilted.
- And Stir in the cornmeal (makki ka atta) to thicken the saag. Continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Season the saag with red chili powder and salt. Adjust the spice level to your preference.
- Continue to simmer for a few more minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Sarson ka saag recipe is historically served with makki di roti, a maize flour flatbread. You could additionally enjoy it with regular roti or naan bread.
- Garnish with a dollop of ghee for added taste and richness.
- This dish can be made vegan by way of using vegetable oil in preference to ghee.
Disclaimer: Nutritional values are approximate and may vary depending on specific ingredients and portion sizes. Please consult with a qualified nutritionist or use a trusted nutritional calculator for precise dietary information. This article is for informational purposes only and should not replace professional dietary advice.
Sarson Ka Saag recipe is not just a meal; it is a culinary journey into the heart of Punjabi cuisine. Its earthy flavors and vibrant green shade make it a real comfort food that is both fulfilling and nutritious. revel in this hearty dish for the duration of the winter season and delight in the warm temperature it brings on your plate.